Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

  1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

hello - would like to get involved with podiatry or chirpody

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tanloulon, Mar 20, 2009.

  1. tanloulon

    tanloulon Welcome New Poster

    Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am new to this site, and would like to say i am not a practioner, but currently a student working full time that is looking in a different direction for a change of job, i have just completed an a& P diploma and would like to complete a diploma in podology or chiropody, however I have not been very successfull in finding where exactly I can go to get qualified, I have find the college of foot practioners at black heath, but have no been successful in any where else and what could be the next stage. i would be gratefull for any advise. many thanks. Is this recognised -Dip CFHP, MPSPract ?
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. twirly

    twirly Well-Known Member

    Hi tanloulon,

    :welcome: to Podiatry Arena.

    http://www.collegefhp.com/ The course you have identified is for Foot Health Practitioners (aka FHP).

    That particular course if completed would not permit you to advertise or call yourself a Chiropodist or Podiatrist which are both protected titles.

    In the UK Podiatry & Chiropody registrants are governed by the Health Professions Council: http://www.hpc-uk.org/

    For information on accredited university Podiatry degree courses: here is a link for more information: http://www.feetforlife.org/

    Good luck in your studies.


Share This Page