Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

  1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.


Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Phil Day, Sep 3, 2010.

  1. Phil Day

    Phil Day Welcome New Poster

    Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.

    A chiropodist of 25 years. Recently joined the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists and re registered with the HPC.

    Fully intended to return to practice after an extended break but back and neck pain have just about made up my mind to retire. Any ideas where I could use my experience if I cannot work at the 'coal face'.:deadhorse:
  2. footsiegirl

    footsiegirl Active Member

    in a teaching capacity perhaps?
  3. Catfoot

    Catfoot Well-Known Member

    It is difficult to advise you when we do not know what your qualifications are or where you live, however:-

    The Institute of Chiropodists have, in the past, advertised in for chiropodists to work at their Sheffield Training School. I do not know what this entails or how much hands-on work you would be required to do but you could make enquiries.

    If you want to teach University students then you would need a degree in Podiatry and a teaching qualification. You would have to approach the University concerned and see what the requirements were.

    Hope that helps.

  4. Catfoot

    Catfoot Well-Known Member

    I forgot to mention, (and please forgive me if I am telling you something you already know), that the SCP Code of Ethics does not allow you to train FHPs or any person who will not be Regulated under Statute. If you go down that route your Membership of the SCP will be cancelled and this of courses includes your insurance.

    The Institute position that I mentioned is ( as I understand) for clinicians to help provide CPD for chiropodists that are already trained, but, as I said you would need to check this out.

    Hope that helps,


Share This Page