Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

  1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Sponsorship and Employment in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Employment in Australia' started by lucycool, Jan 19, 2011.

  1. lucycool

    lucycool Active Member

    Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.

    I'm a qualified podiatrist (as of June 2010) in Edinburgh, UK and looking to move to Melbourne as soon as possible.

    I am halfway through APHRA registration. I can apply for my own visa in August, but really want to get there sooner.. to that effect, please message me for my CV and references.

    Is there anyone who would consider sponsorship - is it really that expensive/hard to do? Should I just wait til August to start applying for my own visa?

    Thanks in advance for any help/ advice or offers of sponsorship(!)

  2. ajs604

    ajs604 Active Member

    Hi Lucy,

    Hope all the paper work is going along well. It takes ages! I presume you mean you are applying for a 176 or 175 idependent visa. Depending on your age you could complete the paper work for your independent visa as takes months to collect then in the meanwhile apply for a 12 month working holiday visa. This would get you over here & allow you to gain the 12 months work expereince and work for anyone emloyer for 6 months at a time. This is an option if you are inbetween 18-30. You could then submit after 12 months to DIAC. The other option would be to find a sponsor which is open to anyone under 45 for a 457 visa. the only thing is you would be tied to the 457 visa as this allows you to work only for them. I took the latter option as had a WHV a few years ago - I gained the 12 months then applied for my 176 which was issued last year. Let me know if you need any advice! Regards
  3. ajs604

    ajs604 Active Member

  4. lucycool

    lucycool Active Member

    I'm unfortunately 32, so am looking at other visa options.. what fun.. yes it does take ages.. especially waiting for other people!!



Share This Page