Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

  1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

New graduate from UK wanting to work in USA/Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Qmu Gerry, Jan 21, 2011.

  1. Qmu Gerry

    Qmu Gerry Welcome New Poster

    Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.

    My name is Gerry and I am in my final year in a BSc Hons Podiatry course in Queen Margaret University Edinburgh. After graduation I would like to travel and work in Canada or America, but I was wondering what states/provinces would accept a British qualification and what I would have to do to gain entry to the USA or Canada. Any advice would be appreciated.

    Yours Sincerely

  2. footfan

    footfan Active Member

    Im not 100% but you can work in canada as a foot health assistant to podiatrists, but the USA is a big no no for UK pod degrees, youll have to do a 4 year degree followed by rotations , youll do surgery ect but expect to pay very high tuition fees and have to take MCATS.

    Australia and NZ are the way to go they recognise our qualifications and speak english . Hope this helps . If you really want sun barbados love UK pod graduates
  3. Mhairi Curle

    Mhairi Curle Member

    Hi, i just came across your post, i know it was a few years ago but i was just wondering how you got on with trying to work in Canada as i am looking to move there at the end of the year- visa depending!!

    Are you currently ther if so, where can we work, is it difficult to find work and do we need to change our qualifications over to the Canadian standard?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Thanks Mhairi Curle
  4. hauckpod

    hauckpod Member

    UK Podiatrists are welcome in Canada but not all provinces. My post is for work in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. You would be eligible to be licensed here. I have a private clinic with fee for service and need to expand. If you want more information you can email me at: dr.e.hauck@shaw.ca
  5. Mhairi Curle

    Mhairi Curle Member

    Do you know if i could work as a foot care asistant with my qualification?

    Thanks Mhairi Curle
  6. hauckpod

    hauckpod Member

    What is your qualification? If you have a BSc. in Podiatry from an accredited school in the UK then you can work here as a full fledged Podiatrist.
  7. Mhairi Curle

    Mhairi Curle Member

    I have a BScHons degree from Queen Margrets Uni, but in the US and some areas i canada you need a medical degree before you re allowed to work as a podiatrist in the contries.

    i was ondering if i could work as a chyropodist in canada with my UK qualification as i would like to live in British Colombia.

    Regards Mhairi Curle
  8. hauckpod

    hauckpod Member

    To live and work in British Columbia you have to apply to their College directly. You can work in Saskatchewan with your qualification as is as long as you are accepted by our College.

Share This Page